DNS broken

I wish I could say I don’t care about, but because they are my ISP, I have to care :(.

The genius people at CNAME-d the root record of their zone. 🙁

λ drill -t ns
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, rcode: NOERROR, id: 55824
;; flags: qr aa rd ra ; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0 
;;   IN      NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:      28800   IN      CNAME  7200    IN      CNAME  19572   IN      CNAME

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:       572     IN      SOA 1481797738 1000 1000 1000 1800


;; Query time: 46 msec
;; WHEN: Thu Dec 15 16:06:06 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 174

Some less-strict resolvers seems to work with them, but others don’t. I mailed them (the WHOIS contact address) a month or two ago, but seems like it went to /dev/null. Today, when I went to access their looking glass, it again bit me. For now, I added to my hosts(5) file, where it will live, until it breaks.